Also those of you who find it hard to read or understand here you can download it from the link below. The archive contains both the text in .doc format and the pictures in .png format.
So if you're reading this you must be interested in coming to the sunshineMU expatriate gathering on the 24th of April 2011 at 8am GMT + 0. So without further ado I shall guide you step by step in getting on to the TeamSpeak server and the IRC chat server and channel that we shall be temporarily using to achieve this end. All users should read the IRC guide and the people who wish to finally chat with one another using voice should also read the teamspeak 3 guide.
IRC is a text based chat system that is fairly well done. Here is a step by step guide.
We will be piggybacking onto the galaxynet IRC server. First you must ensure you download a client from one of these sites listed below:
- mIRC http://www.mirc.com
- XChat: http://www.xchat.org
- dIRC http://www.dragonmount.net/software/dirc/
- Klient http://www.klient.com
- Leafchat http://www.leafdigital.com/Software/leafChat/
- pIRCh http://www.pirchat.com
- WiRC http://wircirc.cjb.net
- XiRCON http://www.xircon.com
- Colloquy http://colloquy.info/
- Adium http://adium.im/
- Aquaticx http://www.aquaticx.com/
- Snak http://www.snak.com/
- IRCle http://www.ircle.com
- MacIRC http://www.macirc.com
- ShadowIRC http://www.shadowirc.com
- Snak http://www.snak.com/Snak.html
- XChat: http://www.xchat.org
- BitchX http://www.bitchx.org
- EPIC http://www.epicsol.org
- ircII http://www.eterna.com.au/ircii/
- irssi http://irssi.org/
- kvirc http://www.kvirc.net
- ScrollZ http://www.scrollz.com/
- sIRC http://www.iagora.com/~espel/sirc/sirc.html
- Zircon http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Programs/Zircon/
- Bardak http://188.8.131.52/Bardak/
- Baxter http://www.abisoft.com/Baxter/
- Bowser http://bowser.sourceforge.net
- LnIRC http://www.braprogram.com/LnIRC/
- PalmIRC http://www.pda.tucows.com/palm/preview/34464.html
- upIRC http://www.smittyware.com/palm/upirc/
I assume that you have now installed mIRC trial (30 days, more than enough) and now look like IRC1.png. Ignore the registration and click on continue
Now we should get a window that looks like this IRC2.png. Fill in the names boxes and then go to servers tab. Click add on the server box (IRC3.png) and then type in the description box “AUSTnet” and the IRC server “irc.austnet.org” (both without quotation marks) and press add (IRC4.png). An AUSTnet icon should appear (IRC5.png). Then click select to bounce back to the name option and click connect.
First off you will need the teamspeak 3 client which is available as a free download here and as shown in TS1.png.
If you run on quad core please download the 64-bit version. If you run on dual core or single please get the 32-bit version. If you run on non-windows OS you should know what to do.
Now the first install screen after downloading the client should be like in TS2.png
Once download is completed and successful (Look up TS FAQ section here for possible solutions) you should open TeamSpeak 3 and it should look like TS3.png. Press next
Type in a nickname and press next (TS4.PNG).
Right, for the next screen this determines which mode you want the teamspeak to work: Voice activation detection means that if the microphone picks up audio greater than a given value activate broadcast. This is good for hand free movement but many times annoying when you want to keep something said private (TS5.png). Push-to-talk is assigning a hotkey so you know when you want to talk for better control but not hands free. Select your mode, assign a hotkey (TS6.png) if needed, and press next.
This hotkey assignment is mostly for voice activation as speakers can activate the mic. Assign one if you need to. But press-to-talk users can skip this step (TS8.png). Then press next to finish.
Now, you are ready to connect to a server. Go to connections -> Connect to pop up a screen with things to fill (TS9 and TS10.png). In the server address box change the contents to “Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com” without the quote marks and leave everything else and press connect. (If there is a connection issue as in you can’t connect. Make sure to lower all your firewalls and for advanced firewall users make an exception for port 9987)
here. But please preferably before the actual gathering time. So please test the IRC and TeamSpeak first.